Thursday, July 18, 2013

LAWRENCE WELK : Reminiscing (SPECIAL: TWO ALBUMS FOR THE PRICE OF ONE!)



SPECIAL: TWO ALBUMS FOR THE PRICE OF ONE!

LAWRENCE WELK

Reminiscing

PLUS A FREE SOUVENIR PHOTO ALBUM!


RANWOOD
RECORDS, INC.

R-5001


SIDE ONE

Josephine 2:15
Maria Elena 2:20
Alley Cat 2:06
When My Baby Smiles At Me 2:00
Carolina In The Morning 2:10
Helena Polka 1:57


SIDE TWO

Green Leaves of Summer 2:22
It's All in The Game 2:29
I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles 2:03
Heartaches By The Number 2:10
Need You 2:10
Young At Heart 2:41


SIDE THREE

Bubbles In The Wine 2:18
Out Of The Clear Blue Sky 2:04
Blue Velvet 2:32
Rhythm Of The Rain 2:04
Call Me 1:59
Just Because 2:00


SIDE FOUR

Estrellita 2:18
I'll See You Again 2:12
In A Little Spanish Town 1:45
Dear Heart 2:30
My North Dakota Home 2:30
If I Loved You 2:15


RANWOOD
RECORDS, INC.

Produced by George Cates, Lawrence Welk, Randy WOod
Mfg. for Teleklew Productions, Inc.


"REMINISCING WITH LAWRENCE WELK"

In music, as in all the arts, simplicity is a quality which, strangely, is often very difficult to capture.

Those of you familiar with our TV show know that we rely heavily on pretty melodies, played and sung simply and tastefully. Odd as it may seem, it's not easy to find musicians who are willing or able to write music this way - simple, clean, uncluttered, with good harmony, and with the melody always in the clear.

Forty-nine years in the music business have taught me that a large percentage of the audience enjoys this kind of music. Let's say that in music, as in all entertainment media, I have great faith in the American public's taste. I find that a large majority of them not only accept, but demand purity.

In choosing the selections for this double album, I personally spent many hours listening to our previously released recordings. I've put some of our best material into this souvenir album.

I looked for the kind of music I know our audience prefers - the familiar standards, or the best of the newer songs. Primarily I was concerned with putting together a program of "easy listening." I listened first for a strong melody, played with good taste, a pleasant tone, and professional technique. I steered clear of arrangements which were complicated, obscured the melody, or distorted the original harmony. One other quality served as my guide - a good danceable tempo.

I think you'll find that all of the songs in this double album meet the rigid standards I have set.

Whether you choose to dance or just listen, may this music give you many pleasant hours.

Musically Yours
Lawrence Welk

No comments:

Post a Comment